Social Media Code of Conduct and Standards
The Neon Museum is committed to creating a safe and welcoming environment for our patrons, staff and community. While we welcome and encourage open discussion, this practice extends beyond the physical space of the museum to our presence digitally as well.
The Neon Museum’s official social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tripadvisor, Yelp, Pinterest, TikTok and LinkedIn) are monitored Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. We encourage feedback and interaction on all our social media channels, but individuals may receive a slight delay after hours. These channels serve as a medium to disseminate and provide general information, general updates, relevant community news, upcoming events and historically vetted facts about the displays housed at the museum.
Images posted to any of The Neon Museum social media channels may not be used in any manner likely to cause confusion or spread misinformation. Images may not be modified in any way that substantially alters the original content, subject or meaning of the image. Use of an image must be accompanied by a photo credit to The Neon Museum in the caption copy. All images are copyright to The Neon Museum unless otherwise stated.
The Neon Museum’s name, logo or likeness may not be used to promote a cause, political party or candidate.
We encourage public comments on The Neon Museum’s social media channels that:
- Are on topic and relevant to the post itself or The Neon Museum
- Provide interesting or constructive personal views and opinions
- Are open to being contradicted by other commenters and The Neon Museum
- Might disagree with the content in the post or update in a constructive and critical way
We discourage public comments on The Neon Museum’s social media channels that:
- Are entirely off-topic to the post itself or The Neon Museum
- Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others including personal conversations better suited for private messaging
- Advertise products or services for profit or gain
Public comments on The Neon Museum’s social media channels may be removed and users blocked for the following behaviors:
- Spamming (content that is posted repeatedly)
- Defamatory, malicious, obscene, intimidating, discriminatory, harassing or threatening comments or hate propaganda
- Comments using profanity or are sexually explicit
- Posting comments that describe or encourage activities that could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- Activity that violates any law or regulation
- Name-calling or personal attacks (hostile, derogatory or deliberately insulting comments toward a specific individual or group)
- Posting comments intended to induce or encourage an angry response from other users
- Sharing photos/videos to The Neon Museum social media channels that The Neon Museum considers inappropriate (including profanity, sexually explicit/sexually suggestive content, etc.)
- Comments that are factually inaccurate or libelous and thus could mislead or misinform others
- Comments that contain personal or offensive comments about individual Facebook users or people who work for The Neon Museum, which may be considered harassment
- Comments that share personal information including phone numbers, social security numbers or addresses
By liking/following/commenting on The Neon Museum social media channels, you are indicating that you have read, understand and agree to abide by the guidelines laid out above. People who are continually abusive and offensive to others on our page risk being permanently removed as commenters.
Posted comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Neon Museum, and shared information does not constitute an endorsement of any kind. All content and posts are bound by the Terms and Conditions of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Tripadvisor, Yelp, TikTok and LinkedIn.