The displays within The Neon Museum, a 501(c)3 non-profit, are copyrighted works and may not be filmed, photographed or recorded for any commercial or editorial purpose without prior written consent of The Neon Museum, Inc.
Film & Photography Policy
When visiting The Neon Museum, you are required to follow the Visitor Photography Guidelines below. Personal still snapshots are encouraged but must be conducted without disrupting Museum operations and other visitors while keeping in mind the safety of the historic collection. Cameras are not allowed, however, you may use your phone for photos.
A reservation is required for those who wish to shoot for editorial or commercial use, bring additional camera equipment, record video/audio or use The Neon Museum collection as a backdrop for posed, directed, portrait or professional photography.
Revenue generated from photo shoots assists The Neon Museum in its ongoing effort to preserve, display and expand the collection. For these reasons, image use is strictly controlled.
Visitor Photography Guidelines
As a welcome guest inside The Neon Museum’s historic collection, please abide by the following guidelines:
- Take casual, still snapshots for personal use
- Use a phone/tablet for photos
- Check camera, large bags, camera bags and additional camera equipment in the lobby
- Post images on personal social media sites as long as they are not used to promote a product, service, business, artist or individual. Tag us! @theneonmuseumlasvegas @neonmuseum #NeonMuseum #NeonBoneyard
Visitors may NOT:
- Use photos taken at The Neon Museum to promote or advertise a product, service, individual, artist or business. This is considered commercial use and must be approved and scheduled in advance
- Bring a designated photographer to shoot portrait-style photography
- Bring props, cameras, large bags or additional camera equipment such as: camera lenses, tripods, monopods/selfie sticks, flashes, etc.
- Distract or block other guests from enjoying the collection
- Touch any of the sign collection
- Undergo wardrobe changes
- Sell or publish images taken at the Neon Museum. Stock photography and retail items containing images of the Museum collection are never permitted
- Record video or audio
Neon Museum staff have the authority to approach and verify the intent of photography and to enforce the photography policy. If any individual/group does not comply with the above conditions, The Neon Museum reserves the right to deny permission to photograph and may request the individual/group to leave the premises and forfeit their admission fee.
Shoot Fees and Booking
Scheduled photo shoots are a private experience in The Neon Museum. All photo/video equipment is permitted (with the exception of drones) and wardrobe changes are allowed.
Shoot fees start at $200 (discounts may apply) and vary according to the type and scale of a shoot, headcount, staffing requirements, proposed image use, distribution, time of day, etc.
To receive a quote, schedule a location scout, check availability or to simply find out more information, please fill out the request form and we will respond within two business days.
Requests for shoots must be submitted at least two weeks in advance and full payment is required at least one week prior to the shoot date.
Portrait and Personal Use Shoots
The Neon Museum defines portrait photography as: all posed portraiture with a designated professional or amateur photographer, whether the photographer is paid or unpaid. Examples of portrait photography include: wedding, engagement, senior portrait, family portrait, quinceañera, headshots, model shoot, proposal, anniversary, bachelor/bachelorette party, etc. The Neon Museum reserves the right to further define portrait photography on a case-by-case basis. Portrait and personal use shoots must be scheduled in advance.
Commercial Use Shoots
The Neon Museum defines commercial use as: images used directly in the marketing and promotion of a product, service, artist, individual or business. Examples of commercial use include: music videos, fashion shoots, social media advertisements, influencer, web series, marketing materials, commercials, TV shows, feature films, documentaries, etc. Commercial use also includes advertising for services and products (such as clothing brands) on your personal social media site. The Neon Museum reserves the right to further define commercial use on a case-by-case basis. Photography and film shoots for commercial purposes must be approved and scheduled in advance.
Fine Artists and Hobby Photographers
A shoot must be scheduled in advance if you wish to bring models or bring a photographer/videographer.
Stock photography and retail items containing images of The Neon Museum collection are never permitted.
Artist and photographer groups, classes or workshops seeking to visit, please submit a request form.
Photo Walks ($35-$50)
Photo Walks are scheduled by The Neon Museum and allow up to 15 hobby photographers to wander the Museum collection at their leisure with all of their chosen equipment (drones are not permitted). Pictures taken on photo walks are for personal use only. No further commercial, fine art, portraiture or editorial use is permitted. The cost for photo walks is $50; Nevada residents, students, active military and veterans pay $35 with valid identification. More information is available.
Members of the media must make arrangements for all photo and video shoots in advance. To coordinate a shoot, please contact the Public Relations Office.
Members of the media must be escorted by a Public Relations staff person at all times or have permission from PR to shoot independently. All organized photo shoots inside the Museum—for news coverage, school projects, etc.—require a staff member escort.
Weather and Cancellation Policy
The Neon Museum is an all-outdoor venue so please take the time of year into consideration and check the weather. Summer temperatures can reach up to 115°F and winter temperatures can reach as low as 35°F. You will not be refunded or rescheduled due to uncomfortable temperatures. If inclement weather (winds over 25mph, heavy rain or lightning) at the time of your scheduled visit prohibits entering the Museum collection. Please note, if it is raining in one neighborhood it may not be raining at The Neon Museum. The visit may be refunded or rescheduled and any fees paid will be applied to the new reservation. Your visit will not be refunded or rescheduled due to weather prior to your scheduled start time. For example, if it’s raining two hours before your visit it may not be raining at the time of your visit. Due to consecutive bookings, we are unable to allow visits to start early or go over their allotted time. Despite exceptions for weather, fees are non-refundable.
The following rules apply to all photography at The Neon Museum:
- The Neon Museum is a 501(c)3 non-profit educational museum and respect for staff and the collection must be maintained
- Guests, photographers and their equipment must stay on pathways. Standing on benches or crossing over stanchions/rock border is strictly prohibited
- Do not touch, lean, sit or stand on or place items on any of the Museum pieces
- As an educational, nonprofit organization, we require that all models be fully clothed and that poses be respectful. Drug and tobacco references are not permitted
- Children must be very closely monitored
- Drones are not permitted
- Stock photography and retail items containing images of The Neon Museum collection are never permitted
- Please note that during your visit, you may be photographed or video-recorded for educational and promotional purposes
If any individual/group does not comply with the above conditions, The Neon Museum reserves the right to deny permission to photograph and may request that the individual/group leave the premises and forfeit their admission/reservation fee.