Job title: Museum Ambassador
Hours/Week: Part-time, hours vary
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Ambassador is responsible for providing exceptional guest engagement to all guests in the North Gallery exhibit. The Ambassador must be able to effectively communicate information verbally and graphically, and usher guests from the staging area to the North Gallery. This position must assist with the Gallery’s activities and events that demonstrate the highest level of service. The Ambassador must be a team player who is passionate about the history of Las Vegas, conducting themselves professionally while mindful of the goals and the mission of the Neon Museum. This position reports directly to the Brilliant! Supervisor. The Ambassador is required to attend all staff meetings and additional meetings as determined by the President & CEO or other member of management.
Essential Job Functions
• Greet guests in a courteous and professional manner.
• Deliver quality daily guest experiences including, but not limited to tours, programs, events, special use of sites and facility rentals.
• Assist in the preparation of the sites for delivery of guest experiences.
• As a team member of the museum, demonstrate positive interpersonal skills that promote open communication, respect for all positions, and maintenance of confidentiality and success of the organization.
• Offer assistance to North Gallery guests.
• Respond to guests’ inquiries and concerns promptly and courteously.
• Build relationships by engaging guests in assigned areas with authentic, personable conversations.
• Maintain comfort, safety and overall appearance of assigned area(s).
• Perform admissions transactions.
• Usher guests from the staging area to the North Gallery exhibit.
• Provide courteous and professional crowd control as needed.
• Present exhibit related educational programming to North Gallery guests via an informed, patient and enthusiastic experience.
• Enforce all Museum policies at all times.
• Assists in a variety of staff operations, performing special projects and additional assignments as requested.
• Build positive relationships with guests to ensure repeat visitors and an exceptional Museum experience.
• Provide accurate information about the Museum including, but not limited to, admission fees, hours of operation, events and programs, directions, exhibits and general policies.
• Field questions about the Neon Museum, Las Vegas, Las Vegas history and related topics with enthusiasm and positivity.
The ideal candidate must value the Neon Museum’s mission and articulate that mission with authentic passion. Minimum one year customer service experience. Possess excellent customer relation skills with a friendly nature. Able to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people. Able to handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Must be dependable and professional in all situations. Must be able to firmly, effectively and professionally enforce Neon Museum policies at all times. Must use absolute discretion in all dealings with Neon Museum constituents. Must have flexibility with regard to scheduling. Comfortable speaking in front of large groups. Able to prioritize and multi-task effectively. Demonstrates the ability to work effectively as member of a team. Interest in history, Las Vegas history, art, architecture, preservation or neon signs a plus. Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Requires working outside in extreme heat and cold, requires standing, requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams, requires public speaking, requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise), requires work with external customers or the public.
Ability to work both indoors and outdoors for extended periods of time. Ability to walk for extended periods of time. Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Ability to tolerate numerous interruptions throughout the day. Demonstrates the ability to work effectively as member of a team. Interest in history, Las Vegas history, art, architecture, preservation or neon signs a plus.
Basic Skills: Active listening. Critical thinking. Monitoring. Reading comprehension. Speaking.
Social Skills: Coordination, instructing, negotiation, persuasion, service orientation, social perceptiveness.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug test and background check.